Aroma Hot Stone Therapy
- Aromatherapy Deep Tissue Massage Certification Course
- Holistic Spa Therapist Certification
- Aroma Hot Stone Massage
- Infant & Prenatal Massage
3-Day Courses, + complete 40 clinical treatments and 1 assignment and exam to certify and be insurable to practice as an Aroma-Hot Stone Masseuse. You deserve to love your work. Earn up to $115/90 minute treatment. Registration cut off is 2 weeks prior to course start date to ensure sufficient time to review manual and D.V.D. Classes are limited to 6 & do fill quickly.
The D.V.D. is an invaluable tool for visual learners and English as a second language students to practice along with at home.
Out of town students receive special rates when choosing Marriott Residence Inn, London and Metro Hotel, as we are their spa providers. Our seamless spa services have earned us the title of official spa for Marriott Residence Inn, London since 2006.
This aroma-hot stone program is structured with morning lectures and afternoon hands on massages treating students and a variety of guests. Students learn therapeutic use of 25 essential oils, hot and cold therapy, as well as a heavenly 90 minute Swedish massage.
$150 discount applies for Spa Employees, certified Aromatherapist, Estheticians, Nurses, Spa Therapists, & Shiatsu Therapists. Proof required. R.M.T.’s are half price – $425. Cost: $850 + HST.
Includes 3 class days of 9-4 training, Manual, Hot-Stone Massage, DVD and examination fee. Students must wear scrubs to class and clinic and provide their own clean linens.
Pre-registration with 25% non-refundable deposit required. Classes limited to 6 people to ensure accelerated learning. ”Aroma-Hot Stone Therapist” Certification requires attending all 3 classes, completion of all 40 practicum hours blending assignment & practical exam. R.M.T.’s and Deep Tissue Therapists require only 20 clinical. Course fee is to be paid in full 2 weeks prior to commencement dates in order to review D.V.D. and manual. Payment plans are available.
Most students receive certification within 3-6 months, although you have up to a year to complete all requirements.
NOTE: Course format is subject to revision. Dates may also be subject to change Morning is lecture time and afternoons are spent hands on training with the hot stone massage. As an introduction, our first day is spent massaging each other. Each afternoon is filled with in-class practicum on each other and then on guests with a variety of ailments. We pride ourselves in offering students complimentary therapy room to complete their out of class practicum in a spa environment, with opportunities to learn many valuable insights into the business. Supervised clinical hours are an important component to feeling confident massaging a variety of clientele.
- Massage Clinical- afternoons are filled with 2 luxurious full body hot stone massage with Swedish Techniques.
- Hot Stone History & its Health Benefits
- Scientific Theory
- Types of Rocks and Stones
- Precautions, Safety, & Contraindications
- Thermotherapy, applications and benefits of heat and cold applications
- Hot Stone Facial Technique, beneficial for headaches, sinus congestion and more
- Cold stone therapy for acute injuries & inflammation, Cool Moonstone Facial Technique,
- Aromatherapy – basic introduction to Aromatherapy, includes history, properties of 25 essential oils, blending rules and clinical safety information
- Swedish Massage Techniques incorporating the stones into a deeply relaxing massage.
- Learn about Business Registration, Liability Insurance, Marketing on a Shoe String Budget
- Students are welcome to volunteer at Networking Events, Outreaches, Demonstrations, Shows & Health Fairs that Inner Insights is involved in.
- Chakras, Crystal and Colour Theory
- Client Assessment, Modifications & Disclaimer Forms
- Setting up your Therapy Room, Draping Etiquette & Obtaining Client Consent
- Massage Carrier Oils, various types for different skin types.
Certified massage graduates of Shiatsu, Aromatherapy, Deep Tissue, Holistic Spa therapists & Spa Owners receive $150 discount. R.M.T.’s receive 50% off tuition, required to complete half the clinical hours & may obtain CEU’s for this course.
Hot stone massage decadent 90 minute head to toe massage includes strategic placing of stones as well massaging with hot stones to melt away any remaining strands of tension. A luxurious addition to any spa, bridal party, retirement home, hotel or massage therapist’s treatments. The rocks’ heat facilitates a quick & gentle release which is appreciated by both the client and therapist hands, especially in the winter time.
We have been teaching this certification course for about 15 years now & it generally runs about once a month.
Contact us today for a tour. Student Hot Stone Massage clinic is $45. email@example.com or follow us on Facebook for special & tips, on YouTube for DIY https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRI6Fsid_O-GlvhSJ-jgPqg .
Stephie has a steady client base as well as a solid teaching schedule but she always finds the time to promptly respond to my emails when I have any technique-based or business-related questions, to provide guidance if I am uncertain about a course of action, and to help me re-fill my stock in (sometimes desperate!) times of need. I am grateful to have such a supportive and giving teacher and for the lessons I continue to learn from Stephie. It is wonderful to know that the mentoring and friendship that developed during my studies also continues post-certification.” I mean. Every. Word. Much gratitude! Namaste, Kim E.